Monday, July 25, 2005

The Bible
My second job is to type books for the blinds. The last typing was a booklet about Samuel the prophet and King David and it reminded me Bible lessons in school.
In Israel, everybody has to study Bible and most students don’t really like it because it is obligatory, however I enjoyed study the Bible. I liked Bible classes because of the stories about people and places in Israel. I know that some people think that Bible classes are worse then history classes, but I think that history is so boring with all the dates and events, everything is so formal there is no place for imagination. However in Bible stories I could imagine things and relate those to specific places in Israel, for example Jerusalem, when you are walking there you can feel all the ancient spirits of people that used to live there. Recently I was at David’s tower in Jerusalem and it is quite amazing to stand there in the same place as our ancestors did 2000 years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home